Thursday, April 7, 2011

The bench doesn't need me...

Since my recent beachside relocation, I have come to enjoy some quiet moments on the bench at the end of my street. This is a special bench, and not just because it sits right on the edge of the beach, overlooking the water - it’s a perfect spot at sunset – my bench is special because it requires nothing from me, or you for that matter…

The bench doesn’t need me…
… to look good. So I don’t have to worry about the way I look, my outfit, my hair, my weight,…
… to listen. So I don’t have to pay attention.
… to lead or teach. So I don’t have to have any answers.
… to pay up front. So money isn’t an issue here.
… to be anywhere by a certain time. So my time is my own.
… to make conversation. So I can sit in silence.

During my  time on the bench, I am everything I need to be, and have everything that I need.

So if you’re like me, and get a little overwhelmed with life sometimes, go sit on a bench by the beach for a little while (or your “beach bench” equivalent) and let yourself just be un-needed for a while.

"Do try it"... (said in the voice of that guy from the Dilmah ads...)

(One of the many sunset views I've been able to enjoy lately. 
Beachside living is awesome)

1 comment:

  1. So pleased you discovered the joys of blogging Jess, and that you have your bench!

    ReplyDelete