Friday, April 22, 2011

He loved me enough.

"The curtain it closed and it felt like the end. But your blood caught the fall and took away every sin. Even though men deny, you're the only sacrifice that loved us enough. You loved us so much, Lord, that you gave your life. See, you saved my life."

When I hear these words, I am drawn back to the brokenness of this world and those who live in it - us. And on a day like today, Good Friday, I take a moment (well, actually I take the whole day...) to dwell on one of the most (if not THE most) significant events that I believe changed the course of humanity.

FACT: We live in a broken world. Just look around you. I used to struggle to understand this and often questioned how this God-dude fit into the whole picture. But over the years I have come to believe brokenness doesn't make sense without God.
I can't understand brokenness outside the context of sin. (Cos that's what sin is.) And to know sin, I need to know God. But the beauty of this is that once I understand sin in the light of God, (the one from whom sin tears us away from,) I am immediately exposed to the love and forgiveness that happened on this day, Good Friday. So while Good Friday reminds us of pain, separation and hurt, I cannot dwell on this sadness for more than a moment when the truth of sacrificial love and salvation come bursting into my darkness and give me the hope that makes my brokenness bearable.

And all because He loved me enough.

This is what I believe. Hope that's ok with you.

By the way, that song I quoted at the start is "Hero", by Kirk Franklin. Check it out. He's one of my favs...

Love.
J x

No comments:

Post a Comment